I am free to be me. Gender Now activity book.
By Maya Gonzalez
Gender is something relevant to all of us because we all express gender. You may or may not be transgender. You may or may not know a transgender child. The truth is that doesn’t matter. We are all on this planet together. Gender Now is meant to provide reflection and support unity by showing multiple genders standing together. It is a specific opportunity to create balance and awareness by including gender expressions that are under-represented in our current culture.
Gender Now Includes:
- Information about open gender expression and the concept of the Gender wheel to read with your child
- Images of children of various genders and in imaginative or active settings
- Playful activities for children (and adults) to explore your own gender expression
- Information about transgender history and gender in nature
- Images and stories of transgender ancestors and animals